How much do you know about Thanksgiving? Read these facts and decide if they are true or false.
- Local native Americans invited the Pilgrims to share a meal with them.
- This meal immediately became an annual tradition.
- The celebration lasted several days and there was lots of eating and hunting.
- They celebrated their first successful harvest.
- The first menu consisted of turkey and potatoes but there wasn’t pumpkin pie.
- The first celebration was announced by President George Washington on 26th November 1789.
- It became an annual tradition at the beginning of the 20th century.
- The diary of a pilgrim inspired a writer to recreate the first thanksgiving feast.
- The date to celebrate Thanksgiving has been the same since the 18th century.
- President Lincoln was the first to grant the first official pardon to a turkey.
- These turkeys live in the White House until they die.
Now watch this video and check your answers.